- Human Resources
- Recruiting/Hiring - Application Process
Recruiting/Hiring - Application Process
The City of Bowling Green is an equal opportunity employer. The City only accepts applications when a specific vacancy is to be filled or when a Civil Service examination has been scheduled. Application materials must be submitted in accordance with the methods established below for the specific job vacancy or Civil Service examination. For information about the Civil Service Commission and its meetings, visit the Civil Service Commission page.
In order to be considered for a position, an individual must complete the City Application. The application must be completed and returned to the Human Resources Department by the deadline established in the advertisement. Résumés alone are not acceptable; however, a résumé may be returned with a completed application. You may also obtain an application packet by visiting the Human Resources Department during regular business hours, which are 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. It is acceptable to return a completed application via email, by fax, by mail, or by hand-delivery. Contact the Human Resources Department if additional assistance is required.
Open Records & Records Retention
In accordance with the public records laws of Ohio, applicant identities and application materials cannot be considered confidential. Because it is the City's practice to accept employment applications only when specific job vacancies are available, the application file for a position will be considered active only until such time as the vacancy is filled. Applicants will be required to submit another application should they decide to apply for another City position.
For more information on records and retention, visit the Records Commission page.
Information for Entry-Level Police Officer & Firefighter Roles
- Age requirement for Police Officer shall be in accordance with Section 124.41 of the Ohio Revised Code.
- Age requirement for Firefighter/EMT/EMT-I/Paramedic shall be in accordance with Section 124.42 of the Ohio Revised Code.
Military / Veteran's Credit
- Credit for military service shall be in accordance with Section 7.01 of the City's Charter (PDF).
- Statement Concerning Employment Not Covered by Social Security (PDF)
- Summary of Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (PDF)
- Work Permit Information and Minor Labor Laws
- Information Regarding Pre-Employment Drug and Medical Screening (PDF)
- ADA Reasonable Accommodation Policy (PDF)
- Commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity (PDF)
- City’s Policy Regarding the Employment of Relatives (PDF)
- Ohio Revised Code Section 124.22 Educational and Citizenship Requirements for Civil Service Examinations
- Ohio Revised Code Section 124.57 Regarding Prohibition Against Partisan Political Activity