Mobile Food Vendors

Mobile Food Vendor Permit

Current List of Mobile Food Vendors

Section 113 of the Codified Ordinances of the Bowling Green allows for mobile food vendor operators within the City of Bowling Green.


   (A)   All mobile food vendors must maintain the "visibility triangle" in accordance with § 150.05 of the city's Codified Ordinances.

   (B)   Permit required. Mobile food vendor permit is required for the sale of food by a mobile food business on public or private property selling to the general public. An application must be filed in the Office of the Municipal Administrator and shall include the following minimum requirements:

      (1)   Copy of current/valid State of Ohio mobile food vendor license (front and back);

      (2)   Proof of registration with city’s Income Tax Division;

      (3)   Proof of current liability insurance of at least $1,000,000;

      (4)   Plan for power and water;

      (5)   Payment of fee as provided in § 35.70 of the city’s Codified Ordinances.

      (6)   Pass a fire safety code inspection conducted by the Fire Division.

      (7)   An applicant with an existing permanent place of business in the city is exempted from the fee and proof of registration with the city’s Income Tax Division.

   (C)   Public property operation.

      (1)   Vendors are prohibited from operating from on-street parking locations on Main Street and Wooster Street and within city-owned parking lots; unless as part of an authorized mobile food vendor special event permit or special event permit.

      (2)   On-street parking operation: All parking and traffic laws must be followed, no additional seating or tables may be utilized; external signs must conform to the city zoning laws.

      (3)   Sidewalk operation: Vendor must maintain a four-foot path that is free and clear for pedestrian traffic, and shall not place additional seating or signage on the sidewalk.

   (D)   Mobile food vendor special event permit. This permit, to be obtained in the office of the Municipal Administrator, shall provide for permitting of events centering on mobile food vendors. It is not required that each individual vendor, operating as part of an approved mobile food vendor special event permit, carry a mobile food vendor permit as described in § 113.04(B); however, every vendor shall successfully pass a fire safety code inspection conducted by the Fire Division. The applicant for the mobile food vendor special event permit is responsible to confirm that all participating vendors have proper licensing with the State of Ohio.

      (1)   Mobile food vendor special event permit on private property. Applicant must complete permit application provided for in § 113.04(D) and pay the fee as provided for in § 35.70 .

      (2)   Mobile food vendor special event permit on public property. In addition to the permit application provided for in § 113.04(D) and the fee provided for in § 35.70 , a proposed gathering on public property shall also meet the following minimum requirements:

         (a)   The applicant shall also deposit, before the license is issued, the sum of $100 to guarantee the cost of cleaning the premises and removing any property therefrom after the termination of the business. If the premises on which the business is conducted are not cleaned and all merchandise, property, refuse, and temporary structures are not removed therefrom and properly disposed of within 48 hours after the termination of the business, the Public Works Director shall immediately cause such work to be done and report the cost thereof to the Finance Director, who shall deduct the cost and return any balance of the deposit. The licensee shall be liable for any deficiency.

         (b)   Plan for electrical and water service must be submitted to the Municipal Administrator.

         (c)   If external signage or seating is requested, the plan must be submitted as part of the application.

         (d)   Proof of liability insurance of at least $1,000,000.

         (e)   Organizers may not charge an admission or cover charge for events to be held on public property.

   (E)   In all instances, the Municipal Administrator or designee shall have the authority to remove a food vendor, whether on public property or private property when selling to the general public, when said vendor’s operation is deemed a safety concern.