Rental Assistance Programs

Bowling Green residents, who are experiencing financial hardship and behind or late on rent payments, are encouraged to reach out to the agencies below for potential assistance.

Residents may be eligible for assistance through the Great Lakes Community Action Partnership (GLCAP). Residents may begin their application with GLCAP by calling 1-800-775-9767. 

Wood County Area Ministries may also be able to help and can be reached at 419-352-1322.  

Residents should also contact Wood County Jobs & Family Services at 1-888-282-1118 for possible assistance. 

Bowling Green Housing Agency Rental Assistance:

The Bowling Green Housing Agency provides rental assistance according to the regulations of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. Assistance is given within the city limits of Bowling Green, Ohio to low-income individuals and families on a first-come, first-served basis. 

Interested persons must fill out an application to get on the Bowling Green HA waiting list.

Applications will be taken online on the Consortium of Northwest Ohio website. Click on the Bowling Green HA Application Link. This is the quickest way to get your name on the list. 

If you prefer a paper application, please call the Consortium of Northwest Ohio office and an application will be mailed to you.  The office number is 419-592-1735. 

Am I Eligible? If you need help paying your rent due to your income, we encourage you to apply. You do not need to be receiving any other assistance to qualify. You can have a job and still qualify.